Hunger and poverty never cease to plague the world, even in developed country. With the living cost on the rise in many developed countries, the less capable and poor face even greater challenge in confronting their daily living expenses. Life has never been easy; so, in order to relieve the burden faced by these core poor families in the town, Yayasan Pillar decided to once again launch the program of City Poor Care Day.
This time, 140 family members of non-muslim group from Desa Wira, Batu Kawah area were invited to attend the program which took place at the venue Dewan Balai Raya Batu Kawah on 24th August 2019, Saturday. Foods and basic necessities such as butter, flour, milk, oat, rice, soy sauce, syrup were distributed to these poor families.
Once again, Yayasan Pillar would like to express gratitude to the sponsors who are generous enough to contribute in this Food Bank project organized for the City Poor Care Day.
Thanks go to:
1. Beras Corporation Sdn Bhd(BERNAS)
2. Kion Hoong Cooking Oil Mills Sdn Bhd
3. Pawada Food Industries Sdn Bhd
4. Sarawak Flour Mill Sdn Bhd
5. SUNBEAM FOOD MANUFACTURE CO.
6. Supreme Consolidated Resources Berhad
7. …and anonymous individual who have contributed for the poor.